Scarsdale is a small American village located in Westchester County, New York which was founded in 1701. Originally a more rural area the demographic eventually changed once an express railway was built that connected the town to New York City. It then became a thriving commuter village for wealthy professionals from Manhattan looking for a home away from the big city. On the show "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend", Scarsdale is the hometown of Rebecca Bunch, her mother Naomi, her father Silas and her nemesis Audra Levine. It is briefly seen in various flashbacks to Rebecca's youth and also mentioned throughout the show.
- "I Hope Josh Comes to My Party!": A flashback shows a young Rebecca Bunch at her home in Scarsdale throwing a "Room Temperature" PPV party. During the "I Have Friends" music sequence, young Rebecca's middle school and a few of her friends are shown, presumably all from Scarsdale as well.
- "My Mom, Greg's Mom and Josh's Sweet Dance Moves!": Flashbacks to Rebecca's home life with her mother in Scarsdale is shown.
- "Josh and I Go to Los Angeles!": During the "JAP Battle" music sequence, Rebecca states that she and Audra Levine are two "hard-as-nails shebrews from Scarsdale".
- "Paula Needs to Get Over Josh!": After getting dressed for Jayma Chan's wedding Rebecca playfully announces to her date Greg Serrano that she hails from Scarsdale before descending the stairs.
- "Will Scarsdale Like Josh's Shayna Punim?": Rebecca goes home to Scarsdale for cousins Bar Mitzvah accompanied by Josh whom she just started officially dating. They stay at her old home with her mother and at the Bar Mitsvsh run into Audra Levine and her husband David. Rebecca also talks to her Rabbie Shari and gets advice on her unhappiness. Josh gets advice as well from Naomi Bunch resulting in a shocking turn of events involving the Garfinkel ring.
Noted Scarsdale residentsEdit
Whitefeather & Associates ( Rebecca's office · Break room · Darryl's office · Paula's desk · Boardroom )
Our Lady of West Covina · Harvard University · Emory University · Community College · Glenn Willow Medical Center · Stanford · Cornell · California State University, Northridge · San Dimas College School of Law · Yale Law