|West Covina, California is an American city in Los Angeles County. It is located in the San Gabriel Valley and part of Greater Los Angeles area. A 2010 census put the population for the city at population for the city at 106,098. The city motto is "Live, Work, Play". On a whim Rebecca Bunch moved to the city where her ex-boyfriend Josh Chan just happens to live. It's first appearance was in the Season One Episode "Josh Just Happens to Live Here!".|
On the showEdit
|West Covina, California is the setting of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and essentially appears in every episode although in reality most of the show is shot on sound stages. Throughout an episode various stock footage of actual West Covina locations are inserted as transition shots between scenes. Also, real world exteriors of places like 24 Hour Fitness have been used for in-show places like "Aloha Tech Center". Outside scenes are shot on location in West Covina; notably the cast and crew have filmed at The Lakes Mall and Big League Dreams several times.
|On November 17, 2015, co-creator Aline Brosh McKenna along with actors Donna Lynne Champlin and Vincent Rodriguez III were present at the West Covina City Council meeting where they were presented with the key to the city for the show's positive portrayal of West Covina.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend DayEdit
|On October 18, 2016 the city of West Covina announced that October 21, the day of the Season Two premiere, would be declared "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" Day. Actors Michael Hitchcock and Vella Lovell were there to represent the show during the city councils official announcement. A tweet was also sent out on the city'/ twitter account.|
- Whitefeather & Associates: Law firm founded by Darryl Whitefeather.
- Home Base: A sports facility which has a bar/restaurant.
- Cup of boba: Popular kiosk hang out serving boba tea refreshments.
- Aloha Tech Center: Big box retail store specializing in electronic entertainment.
- Spider's: Trendy nightclub once owned and operated by a man named Spider.
- Jalapeño Jack's: Fusion cuisine restaurant.
- Greater City Water: Conglomerate who controls West Covina's water supply.
- Smoky Jazzz: Little known Jazz club with an onstage band.
- Sugar Face: A doughnut outdoor cafe frequented by Rebecca Bunch.
- Rebecca and Heather's house: New residence of neighbours turned roommates Rebecca and Heather.
- Rebecca's apartment: Residence of Rebecca Bunch.
- Josh and Valencia's apartment: Residence of Josh Chan and Valencia Perez.
- Serrano residence: Marco and Greg Serrano's residence.
- Proctor residence: The home of Paula Proctor and her family.
- Darryl's apartment: Darryl Whitefeather's residence.
- Dr.Akopian's house: Dr.Akopian's home which also has an office where she sees patients.
- Bean's house: Home of Bernard who is good friends with The Crew. It was later condemned by the city.
Mountaintop/Whitefeather & Associates
Our Lady of West Covina 🎈 Harvard University 🎈 Emory University 🎈 San Gabriel Community College 🎈 Mount Christine Outpatient Center 🎈 Glenn Willow Medical Center 🎈 Stanford University 🎈 Cornell 🎈 California State University, Northridge 🎈 San Dimas College School of Law 🎈 Yale Law